GRANDMA'S KITCHEN

GRANDMA'S KITCHEN~~TASTERS WELCOME, ANYTIME

On this blog, I will be posting recipes that I have loved cooking for my family and friends. I have had many wonderful and pleasure filled hours cooking and serving things that have been made in my kitchen. It is to that memory that I dedicate this blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

NOT THE WOMAN, I USED TO BE, MUCH SLOWER.


Picture of recipe #2


We had some of our family over this past Friday evening to share supper with us. We had Fried Chicken, Mashed potatoes/chicken gravy, green beans, rolls, among some other things along with sweet tea.

It took me all day to do all that I had planned on doing. I told my husband when he got home, "I am sure not the woman, I used to be. I used to cook all this in just an hour it seemed while taking care of four children." We didn't have our daughter at that time. I worked constantly but things just seemed to keep popping up that I felt I needed to do. lol Oh, well, we had a fun evening and enjoyed it very much.




Today I am giving you all two recipes. One is for "copycat Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix." The other is for "Banana Split Cake." A good cake for this hot, hot weather we have been having.

COPYCAT CORN MUFFIN MIX

2/3 Cup All purpose flour
1/2 Cup yellow corn meal
3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 Tsp. salt
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk

INSTRUCTIONS:

Combine flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well with whisk. Whisk in vegetable oil and mix until dry mixture is smooth and lumps are gone.

Preheat over to 400%F. Combine above mixture with egg and milk. Mix well. Fill muffin tins 1/2 full. Bake 15-20 minutes. Makes six muffins.



RECIPE #2

BANANA SPLIT CAKE

2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
6 bananas
1 large can crushed pineapple,drained
1- 80z. pkg. cream cheese, soften
1 box powdered sugar
1 egg
2 sticks margarine
1 large, 9-0z container cool Whip
chopped pecans
Maraschino cherries, halved

Use a pyrex dish, approx.12x14x2 inches. Melt 1 stick margarine in saucepan.Combine with cracker crumbs and press into the pyrex dish. Beat until fluffy, cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and the other stick of margarine. Place layer of pineapple, then whipped mixture , then sliced bananas, cut lengthwise. Cover with Cool Whip topped with chopped pecans and cherry halves.


I hope you are all enjoying this summer time. It is hot but I love it! Hope you have good days and sweet nights and good eating along the way. Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment