GRANDMA'S KITCHEN

GRANDMA'S KITCHEN~~TASTERS WELCOME, ANYTIME

On this blog, I will be posting recipes that I have loved cooking for my family and friends. I have had many wonderful and pleasure filled hours cooking and serving things that have been made in my kitchen. It is to that memory that I dedicate this blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CON QUESO DIP

CON QUESO DIP


In this Texas Gulf Coast town, we like our Con Queso Dip. Hope you like this recipe.

CON QUESO DIP

1/2 Cup cooking oil
1/2 Cup flour
1/4 Cup chopped green pepper
1/4 Cup chopped onion
1 Small Tomato, cubed
1 Jalapeno pepper, chopped
11/2 Cup water
1 Teaspoon salt
1 pound Velveeta Cheese, cut into small pieces

Cook first 2 ingredients together like gravy. Add rest of ingredients to gravy mixture. This will be soupy now. Add last ingredient and keep stirring over low heat until creamy.

If you want more "heat" add another jalapeno or maybe two. Just kidding!

Serve with chips and enjoy every bite. Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment