GRANDMA'S KITCHEN

GRANDMA'S KITCHEN~~TASTERS WELCOME, ANYTIME

On this blog, I will be posting recipes that I have loved cooking for my family and friends. I have had many wonderful and pleasure filled hours cooking and serving things that have been made in my kitchen. It is to that memory that I dedicate this blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

BANANA PUDDING

BANANA PUDDING
(JUST LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE JUST QUICKER)

3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
pinch salt
3 egg yokes (save whites for meringue or use cool whip to cover pudding)
1 cup whole milk
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
vanilla wafers
bananas

Mix top seven ingredients together in microwave safe bowl and put in microwave on high for 2 minutes. Take it out and stir. Return to microwave for 1 minute increments until desired consistency. Layer pudding with vanilla wafers and bananas and cover with meringue or cool whip.

MERINGUE

2 egg whites
1/2--1 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon cream of tartar

Using electric mixer, mix until thick and then add cream of tartar. Put on pudding and brown in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment