GRANDMA'S KITCHEN

GRANDMA'S KITCHEN~~TASTERS WELCOME, ANYTIME

On this blog, I will be posting recipes that I have loved cooking for my family and friends. I have had many wonderful and pleasure filled hours cooking and serving things that have been made in my kitchen. It is to that memory that I dedicate this blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

CANDIED JALAPENOS

CANDIED JALAPENOS
GRANDMA'S KITCHEN, TASTERS WELCOME

CANDIED JALAPENOS

1 gallon sliced jalapenos
4 pounds of sugar
canning jars

Drain jalapenos, pour 4 pounds of sugar over the peppers and let sit to make its own juice. Bring to a boil and cook until peppers take on a candied look. Pour into jars and turn upside down to seal. Serve after 2 weeks (earlier if you can't wait.) Pour some over large block of cream cheese that is at room temperature. Use as a spread on Waverly wafers or use chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment